Wednesday 10 August 2016

2016 Miss Pinup Australia Grand Finale Wrap Up Part 1!

O.
M.
G.

What a ridiculously CRAZY busy week!
Crazy busy but crazy FUN!!
I wanted to make this in 2 parts so that you didn't get bored reading one big super long post.

I have so much to tell you and show you so let's get started!!

So, the MPA finale started with most non-Sydney siders making the journey into town.

Day 1 -

My husband and I packed up the car, full to the brim, with props and outfits.


I also took along a 'special guest'.... my head!
She popped up from time to time in various pictures...





Once we arrived in Sydney, we checked in to our motel and I set my hair and then chilled out for the night.

Day 2 -

The alarm was set for 8AM as we started our first day of rehearsals at Paddo RSL at 12 noon.
Coffee was drunk, makeup was applied and hair was brushed and sprayed and backcombed and sprayed again and brushed again and sprayed again!

"Dress to impress" was the dress code of the day as we had been informed that the Sydney Morning Herald would be present to take photos and video of us!
So impressive clothes were put on, crown and sash followed.

In to the car to make the "short" trip to the RSL.

Arrived with a minute to spare.

Wasn't the last to arrive.
Winning!

Once there everyone made the rounds giving out hugs and saying hello to girls we've met before and people we only know from interacting online.



My girl Miss Jade Serpentine and I

Miss Gigi Anne and I



So happy all the girls are sweet, beautiful souls. I wouldn't expect anything else seeing as they made it to finals.

Once everyone arrived it was time to get serious. Secret discussions about secret MPA business.
(Also, when I say 'time to get serious', if you are with this group of ladies, nothing can ever be THAT serious...)

We were given our running order and then practice started!

We learned the first half of our opening number and then some! It was a huge first day but we achieved so much!

Getting back to the motel and eating and sleeping was very necessary afterwards.

Day 3 -

Today the alarm went off at 7 as we started at 10AM.

Makeup and hair was a bit more relaxed for rehearsal today`as we had much more to do and had to leave the glamour for our Meet and Greet that night.

We tried to remember what we had learned the day before and then learn even more. Our opening number was starting to look GOOD! Even though I can't dance to save my life.

We took a moment to pose for a photo in our jeans as it was Jeans for Genes Day



By the end of rehearsals we had actually learned the whole dance and worked out our category formations and poses for each clothing category.

Not being biased, but I think our Neo formations were pretty awesome!

Finally we were finished rehearsals. However that left us an hour to get ready for the meet and greet.

We weren't finished yet!!

The meet and greet is an opportunity for family, friends and fans to come along and meet us and hang out with us and watch us be just a little bit weird.

We also helped raise some money for Jeans for Genes Day.

Yours truly, Miss Jade Serpeentine, Miss Mixi Venus, Miss Rockabilly Tam, Miss Foxy Rocket and Miss Scarlett Summers

Lady Liliana, Miss Annie Lou, Miss Gigi Anne, Miss Peach Cottontail and Miss Trixie Bombshell

Myself with beautiful Miss Emily
I'm not kidding about the weird! Clockwise from back - Miss Rockabilly Tam, Miss Rouge Kitty, Miss Mixi Venus, me being a nong and Miss Jade Serpentine

Bed and food were needed even MORE after today! Especially as tomorrow would be THE day!!

Hair sets, nourishment and beauty sleep... come at me!!

Well here was days 1, 2 and 3. I'll leave this post here because day 4 is a post all on it's own!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and interest in my journey!

Stay tuned for Part 2 coming in a day or so!

Much love and red lipstick, Miss Toxic xx


































No comments:

Post a Comment