Monday 30 May 2016

AREA FINALS ANNOUNCED!!

All area finals have now been announced!!!

Southern area finals are June 18 at The Melba Spiegeltent in Melbourne.
Get your tickets here - SOUTHERN AREA FINALS




Northern area finals are June 25 at St Andrews Uniting Church in Brisbane.
Get your tickets here - NORTHERN AREA FINALS






Eastern area finals are July 2 at Paddo RSL in Sydney.
Get your tickets here - EASTERN AREA FINALS



Hopefully by now you have seen my Facebook posts in the lead up to the announcements and since. I hope they have been entertaining and had you waiting each evening for the next one.

I will keep making them, so keep an eye out!

I do have a super special sneak peek coming this week so stay tuned.....

I shared this on my Facebook page last night. I have been struggling to find the right words and even though it's not exactly what I wanted to say, I hope my point comes across. Here it is in case you missed it:
"Lots of the beautiful entrants from this year have made posts explaining why they entered Miss Pinup Australia and what it means to them to be a part of this journey. I have tried countless times over the past month to write it down but I can never find the right words. But tonight I think I finally found them!
Last year I entered as a complete newbie to the pinup scene. 
I was in the newspaper, I got up on stage in swimwear, I showcased a look that I had never before attempted and I handmade the majority of my outfits.
Without Miss Pinup Australia, I would never have done any of this stuff. I wasn't that type of person.
This year is much the same. I constantly find myself saying, "Before MPA I wasn't the type of person who....."
Until tonight it occured to me, I AM that type of person. I always have been.
Miss Pinup Australia just had to say "Uh... yes you can. Now go do it." and THAT is why I entered this year. Miss Pinup Australia is like your favourite Aunty who always has your back and will give you that extra little 'push' when you are doubting yourself.
It's the love and support from the incredible likeminded people who are a part of Miss Pinup Australia that have made me feel comfortable, capable and worthy enough to actually DO it.
MPA WANTS me to do well. The entrants want me to do well. The mentors want me to do well. Miss Pixie wants me to do well. Because this is not a competition pitting women against each other. It is a life changing experience that helps you find who you really are.
I AM the sort of person to be in the newspaper.
I AM the type of person who can get up on stage in her swimwear.
I AM the type of person to wander around town doing her groceries in full pinup attire.
I AM the type of person who can sew entire outfits and be confident enough in my workmanship that I can wear them on stage without worrying they will fall apart in front of everyone.
Not only do they want you to find yourself, but they encourage you to show the world. Shout it from the rooftops!"

I just wanted to give everyone an update on announcements and the links for tickets.

Come along to one or all the events, it will be worth it I promise!!

Much love and red lipstick, Miss Toxic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment