Thursday 2 July 2015

I Did It!!

WOW!!

I finally did it!! I finally had my moment in the spotlight! The Miss Pinup Australia NSW state finals!
I have worked for months and months on ideas, props, outfits (as I made most of them myself) and organising. Countless hours spent at the sewing machine, painting, cutting, scrapping and restarting all came down to the three 45 second outfit routines and one, 1 minute talent section.

My first routine - Daywear - Well, lets just chalk that one up to being a practice round haha! It was such a blur I barely remember any of it. I walked off stage thinking I had done absolutely NO poses, but the official photographs by Joelene Wilson Photography prove otherwise. I wore a handmade full circle skirt dress in a super shiny, rainbow material. I wore a yellow cardi and belt with it. Also a handmade pillbox hat in the same material and my personalised yellow heels by the gorgeous Shewbizbysara. I was extremely colourful and bright and I was super proud of my sewing skills as I had many compliments on my outfit.

Second routine - Swimwear - This time I managed to focus a bit better and could actually THINK about what I was doing up there. I cannot believe I went up on stage in front of a room full of strangers in my swimmers! I wore a wrap skirt but still had my arms uncovered, something that never happens. I had a small breakdown after coming off stage and it had finally sunk in what I had just done. I wore a pinky/purple swimsuit with a pinky/purple wrap skirt that I handmade. My swimsuit had little silver alien shoulder pads and I wore shoes that I spray painted silver to match my outfit. I also wore silver wrist cuffs that I made myself to complete the outfit.

We then had an intermission which was quite welcome. We were able to wander around and mingle with the people who were lovely enough to come see us and cheer us on. It as also a chance to slip off the heels for a moment which, secretly, was the best part of the break.

Third routine - Lingerie / night wear - By this routine I was thinking clearly and knew exactly what I had to do. I wore a purple floor length nightie with a flowing sparkly black dressing gown, both of which I made myself. I covered a pair of black kitten heels with feathers to complete the boudoir look. Of course, I was the housewife of the future, a robot, so I had my little robot antennae on too!

Last but not least was the talent section - My talent was sock puppets! I'm not even kidding! I made a little Marilyn Monroe sock puppet and she sang Happy Birthday to a little Mr. President sock puppet. Half way through my performance, my little girl decided she HAD to say hello to Mummy from down in front of the stage. By the end, the audience was more interested in my little one's yells of "Hey Mummy!!" then what I was doing.

Finally, after another intermission while the judges made their decisions, was the moment everyone was waiting for - the crowning of title holders!!

In an unexpected twist, Miss Pinup NSW Second Runner Up was tied!
Miss Vee Dub and Miss Wurple Violet both walked away with the title.

Miss Roxie Snow was crowned Miss Pinup NSW Runner Up

Miss Rouge Pearl was crowned Miss Pinup NSW

We also had four beauties vying for the title of Miss Pinup ACT and the winner of the title was Miss Melly Day

The night was a huge success and just a barrel of laughs! It is something I will never forget and I am actually already considering themes for next year, if I choose to enter again!

Here is the list of gorgeousness going through to the Grand Finale which will be on July 25 at Circus Oz, Melbourne:
Miss Pinup VIC - Miss Snowy Winters
Miss Pinup VIC RU - Miss Holly Wouldn't
Miss Pinup VIC 2nd RU - Madam Dreadful
Miss Pinup SA - Miss Ivy Fox
Miss Pinup WA - Miss Whiskey Rocket
Miss Pinup QLD - Miss Lucy Luxe
Miss Pinup QLD RU - Miss Vonnie Violet
Mr. Pinup NSW - Mr. Phoenix Divine
Wildcards -
Miss Cleopatra Portman
Miss Cherrybomb Fifty-Six
Miss Frankie Bluebelle
Miss Lorelei Jean
Miss Beckey Boop
Miss Vonruby
Miss Stormy de Wilde
Miss Cherry Blossem
Miss Jade Serpentine
Miss Sharne DeVille


Congratulations to all you beautiful people and best wishes!! I cannot wait to see photos and hear stories from the Finale!! 

Please go and check out the photos from the night, they are amazing!!

Much love and red lipstick, Miss Toxic xx


No comments:

Post a Comment