Wednesday 3 June 2015

Hello, I am Miss Toxic Starburst

Hi, Hello, Welcome!!

I would like to introduce you all to Miss Toxic Starburst!

She is my pinup alter ego. She started evolving about half way through last year. Although I have always loved the clothes, hair and makeup from the era, it had never occurred to me that I could actually wear the dresses and wear red lipstick and do my hair in victory rolls and curls (although my hair is definitely a work in progress!!)

I started googling pinup dresses and during my search I came across a website that cemented my decision to change my life. That website was www.misspinupaustralia.com.au.
I spent about 3 months reading about Miss Pinup Australia, watching Youtube videos about it and looking at their Facebook page. Entries opened and I discovered I needed to do a photoshoot. Me! In a photoshoot! A pinup one at that!
Where I live is not exactly flush with pinup photographers. I was working with a very, VERY small budget so unfortunately I couldn't afford to travel to be photographed by the gorgeous Miss Pixie of official NSW state photographer, Boogie Bop Dames.
I did however find a local photographer who happened to mention pinup photos in a Facebook post and I pounced! A couple of messages sent to Duane Wheare Photography and I had a shoot organised and ideas came flooding in.
Once the photos were shot, I filled in my application and sent it in!
An email from Miss Pinup Australia confirmed my entry. Next up I was officially announced and BAM! It was all systems GO!

This entire year so far has seen me preparing for Miss Toxic's debut as it were...... and this debut...... June 27!!! The NSW state finals will be held at Paddo RSL in Sydney and I am a bucket of nerves!!

Now as this is my very first post ever I won't make it too long but there will be more where this came from and I'd like you to come back for more!

Oh and before I leave you today, I would love if you could check out my Facebook page Miss Toxic Starburst and give me a 'like'! Also, voting is open for Miss Popular Pinup so if you follow the link pinned to the top of my Facebook page, you can vote for me if you wish!!

I thank you very much for stopping by and checking out my blog and I promise it will get better the more I post haha!

Much love and red lipstick Miss Toxic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment